If you find yourself seeking the assistance of a personal injury attorney, there’s a good chance you or a loved one has been injured in a serious accident in Missouri.
It’s easy to hire the first attorney you come across, especially if you’re dealing with a serious situation that’s pulling your attention in many directions. However, this is a mistake, as no two attorneys will offer the exact same service.
Here are five things to look for in a personal injury attorney:
- Experience: This trumps all other traits, as an experienced attorney is one who will know exactly how to tackle your case. Not to mention the fact that an experienced attorney is familiar with a variety of strategies for helping you obtain as much compensation as possible.
- Contingency fee: Most personal injury attorneys work for a contingency fee, meaning they only receive payment if they win your case. This is the best arrangement for most people, as you’re not taking any financial risk by seeking compensation for your injuries and other damages.
- Strong team: There’s a lot that goes into a successful personal injury lawsuit, so the best attorneys have a strong team around them. From paralegals to investigators, ask about an attorney’s team before making a final decision.
- Open to all ideas: Find an attorney who’s open to all strategies for resolving your case. For example, trials often drag on for many months, thus adding more stress to your life. An alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation or arbitration, may be better suited for your situation.
- Past success: Don’t hire a personal injury attorney just because they have experience. Hire an attorney who has experience and documented past success. This will give you confidence that they can help you secure the money you deserve.
If you look for these things in a personal injury attorney, you’ll find yourself making a confident decision in the near future. Once you have the right legal team on your side, you can rely on their advice with hopes of bringing an end to your case as quickly as possible.
Visit our website and read our blog for additional information on personal injury law and how to find the perfect attorney for your case.