Truck Accident Attorney Jefferson City, MO
The FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) showed 400,000 accidents involving large trucks in 2019. Roughly 100,000 people were injured, and 5,000 died. Though this is the national average, Missouri also sees its fair share. Motorists always pass large trucks on the highways, many of which end in crashes.
After being injured in a crash, it’s important to have someone on your side representing you. Contact Steelman Gaunt Crowley, the best truck accident attorney Jefferson City, MO, offers. Please call (573) 341.8336 for a free consultation or continue reading to learn more.
Types of Trucks Causing Accidents
Truck drivers and trucking companies have higher expectations than other motorists. However, they might cut corners or push their drivers too hard. Thankfully, our team can help those injured in trucking accidents. The types of trucks you might encounter in an accident can include:
- Box trucks
- Moving vans
- Fuel trucks
- Cement trucks
- Sanitation vehicles
- Dump trucks
Since these vehicles are so large, they can cause serious injuries to those in passenger vehicles, small trucks, and sedans. You might require emergency medical assistance, so contact a truck accident attorney in Jefferson City, MO, after getting checked out by a doctor. We’re here to help you receive the compensation you deserve!
Reasons for Truck Accidents
Most truck accidents occur because of driver negligence meaning the driver or trucking company didn’t use enough care when working. The reasons for a truck accident can include:
- Negligent hiring process
- Unfamiliarity with the area
- Driver distractions
- Texting while driving
- Driver confusion
- Impairment from alcohol and prescription or OTC drugs
An experienced lawyer will help collect evidence for your case. Having a competent lawyer in this step is helpful since you may be experiencing pain and unable to investigate yourself.
Steelman Gaunt Crowley will help you file a truck accident claim and collect the evidence necessary to prove your case when you call us.
Compensation for a Truck Accident
Putting in a personal injury claim won’t fix everything, but it will help you deal with the financial burden created after the truck accident. Our experienced team of lawyers seeks compensation for these losses:
- Lost Income – Most people cannot work after the truck accident. You’re in pain and must go through rehabilitation, which means you’re not earning a living. Those with permanent injuries might never be able to work again, so seeking damages for lost income is crucial.
- Medical Bills – Truck accidents often lead to traumatic injuries. You might deal with head injuries, fractures, nerve damage, paralysis, and back injuries. These can cost thousands of dollars to repair, and we’ll help you get financial recovery to deal with rehab, doctor visits, surgeries, prescription drugs, and more.
- Pain and Suffering – A truck accident will upend the victim’s life. Most people spend years dealing with anxiety, pain, depression, loss of enjoyment of life, and inconvenience. You deserve compensation for those intangible losses.
- Vehicle and Other Property Damage – Truck accidents often total out a car. You can get compensation for any destroyed or damaged property, such as replacing your vehicle or making repairs.
Why Hire a Truck Accident Attorney in Jefferson City, MO
Often, accident victims feel no one can help or look after them. The truck owners and trucking companies don’t listen to or take them seriously. Therefore, they don’t receive a fair settlement offer.
Typically, the trucking company tries to blame the victim for the crash. It’s crucial to get evidence and reconstruct the accident scene. Without that information, you’re gambling to get the compensation you deserve. Our legal team will help you with the following:
- Deal with Paperwork from the Insurance Company – Making a personal injury claim requires tons of paperwork. You should focus on recovering from your injuries; we can lift that burden.
- Document and Determine Liability – You cannot get compensation until you know who and what caused the accident. We’ll immediately gather evidence, police reports, and the internal records of the trucking company.
- Identify All Defendants – It’s possible to sue the trucker, their employer, truck manufacturers, loading companies, and more. However, it depends on the facts of the case, and we’ll make sure they all pay for their negligence.
- Analyze Your Claim’s Value – You deserve total compensation for the accident, and most people don’t put in claims for enough money. Don’t settle for less than what you’re owed!
Choose Steelman Gaunt Crowley
You’ll likely settle out of court when you work with our legal team. However, if we can’t all agree on a satisfactory number, we will go to trial when necessary.
Contact Steelman Gaunt Crowley for a free consultation at (573) 341.8336 or use our online form. We’re here to help!