Slip and Fall Attorney Lebanon, MO
Slip and Fall Attorney Lebanon, MO
Many people get hurt when they fall because someone fails to keep the property reasonably safe. You shouldn’t be required to pay for the other party’s negligence. Proprietors must ensure that the property is safe for all visitors and could owe damages if they don’t.
However, hiring the best slip-and-fall attorney Lebanon, MO, offers is wise. Steelman Gaunt Crowley can help you! Please call (573) 341-8336 for a free consultation today!
Did you know that falls are the nation’s most common reason for emergency room visits? About one million visits annually are because of slip and fall injuries. We can help you go through the legal process and get the compensation you’re entitled to receive.
Common Injuries for Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can cause various injuries, and we can help you get compensation for them. These include:
- Broken bones, such as skulls, ankles, wrists, and hips
- Soft tissue injuries, including muscle strains, ligament tears, sprains, and tendon tears
- Head injuries (traumatic brain injuries)
- Shoulder dislocations
- Knee/ankle injuries
- Spine, neck, and back injuries, including spinal cord injuries and bulging, fragmented, slipped, or herniated discs.
Injury severity varies, which can affect the amount of compensation you receive. For example, a traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injury could leave you disabled for life, while a sprained ankle might require one trip to the emergency room.
Regardless, you need a slip-and-fall attorney. Lebanon, MO, residents deserve total compensation for all damages, including future medical expenses, a lower earning potential, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and lost pay.
How We Help You
No one wants to get injured, but they often need a knowledgeable lawyer when it happens. We can represent you in all aspects and get full compensation. We will:
- Listen to you to determine what you want from the court system or insurance company.
- Investigate the claim.
- Acquire evidence, such as security footage, eyewitness statements, and more.
- Deal with the insurance company and thwart its plans of lowering your compensation amount.
- Handle the legal aspects of the case so that you can get better.
- Go to trial by jury or judge if we can’t secure compensation in the form of a settlement.
- Negotiate for you to get maximum compensation.
- Constantly communicate with you to ensure you’re satisfied.
Who Is Liable for My Injury?
Premises liability is serious, and property owners are responsible for maintaining safe properties that visitors and patrons visit. If there’s a hazardous condition, they’re required to warn you and fix it quickly. It’s often difficult to prove these cases, so a lawyer is the best solution.
Missouri uses the comparative negligence law, so the plaintiff (victim) can be deemed responsible for a percentage of the personal injury. The defendant wants to blame you as much as possible, which can lower your recovery award amount.
For instance, a jury determines that you should receive $50,000 for your injuries, but you were 20 percent at fault for the accident, so your total compensation drops to $40,000. Therefore, having a knowledgeable attorney with you is crucial to reduce the fault percentage.
Often defendants may try to claim:
- You should have seen the dangerous situation.
- You were on an off-limits part of the property.
- You were distracted, such as talking to someone without watching where you were going.
- You didn’t wear appropriate footwear.
- Appropriate steps had been taken, such as placing a “wet floor” sign in slippery areas.
We understand these companies’ tactics and focus on collecting the full award you’re entitled to receive.
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Many conditions could lead to a slip-and-fall accident. You could experience:
- Stray cords
- Uneven flooring
- Poorly constructed buildings
- Broken building areas, such as loose floorboards or broken steps
- Slippery surfaces, such as spilled liquids or slick products, for floor cleaning
- Black ice
Types of Compensation You Could Receive
Here are the things you could be compensated for:
- Medical Expenses – These can be tests, doctor’s appointments, emergency room visits, assistive devices, chiropractic care, physical therapy, medications, surgeries, and more.
- Lost Earning Potential and Lost Wages – If you missed work to recover from your injuries, that money should be repaid, even if you had sick leave or PTO available. Likewise, a permanent disability may require you to choose a different job or not work, so you’re entitled to recover compensation for that.
- Other Out-of-pocket Expenses – Any money you must spend because of your injury can be compensated. These include paying for a cleaning service, taking kids to daycare, transportation, and more.
Along with the above-mentioned compensation types, you can also get money for the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of ability to enjoy life
Hire a Slip-and-Fall Attorney in Lebanon, MO, with Steelman Gaunt Crowley
An injury from a slip-and-fall accident can be life-altering, and you deserve compensation from the at-fault party. However, doing that independently is challenging; therefore, hiring a slip-and-fall attorney is wise. Lebanon, MO, residents can feel confident when they call Steelman Gaunt Crowley.
Are you ready to request your free consultation? Please call (573) 341-8336 to get started.