Slip and Fall Attorney Jefferson City, MO
When you visit a business or go to work, you expect the conditions to be safe enough to walk and travel. No one should ever have to deal with an injury because the property is unsafe. However, slip-and-fall accidents can happen at any time or place and might surprise or catch you off-guard. Your entire life could be upended because of it.
In most situations, slip-and-fall accidents are highly complicated and require the assistance of an experienced slip-and-fall attorney. Jefferson City, MO, residents cannot fight the insurance companies or property owners themselves.
Typiclly, the insurance company protects the property owner and might pay less or deny the claim altogether. Instead, you need the help of Steelman Gaunt Crowley. Our lawyers can help you file a personal injury claim to compensate for your injuries and losses.
Though money won’t fix everything, you’ll be more relaxed and ready to recover. Likewise, your life will stay on track, even with the financial burden of medical treatment, such as surgery, rehabilitation, and more.
Steelman Gaunt Crowley can assist you in holding the liable party responsible. Please call (573) 341.8336 to request your free consultation today! Alternatively, you may use our contact form, and someone from our legal team will contact you!
Factors That Could Lead to a Slip-and-Fall Accident
Many factors might cause a slip-and-fall accident, including:
- Unmarked ramps and steps
- Potholes or other holes
- Low and no light in the space
- Ice and snow
- Steps and stairs
- Uncovered extension cords and wires
- Uneven surfaces
- Highly polished floors
Property owners have a duty of care to protect visitors at all times. Typically, this involves clearing away ice and snow, using proper markers for steps and ramps, having decent light, and using wet floor signs after mopping or spilling something.
Likewise, uneven surfaces are a serious problem for many people. If you’re walking on the sidewalk, your shoe could catch if the next concrete slab is too high.
Investigating the Accident
After getting injured in a slip-and-fall accident, it’s crucial to investigate the matter thoroughly. The insurance company wants to save money, so it will dispute how it happened or what caused it. You might find that the insurance adjuster says it was your fault.
Hiring a slip-and-fall attorney in Jefferson City, MO, is wise. Steelman Gaunt Crowley can help you:
- Check the building’s condition
- Determine the source of the accident
- Find witnesses from the scene
- Gather medical reports
- Gather physical evidence that will support your case
- Check the scene of the incident
What You Should Do After Your Slip-and-Fall Accident
After you’re injured in a slip-and-fall accident, if you’re unsure what to do, here are the steps to take to protect yourself:
- Get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if your injuries don’t seem severe, you should get checked out by a doctor. Some conditions don’t show up immediately, and you’ll need documentation as proof of the injury.
- Take photographs of the area where you fell to show the conditions. For example, get a photo of the pothole you tripped over to show the location and size. You should also take pictures of your injuries if your doctor doesn’t.
- Keep the clothing and shoes you wore that day. They might show residual chemicals or spilled contents, proving you fell because of someone’s negligence.
- Write down what happened while it’s still fresh in your mind. It’s easy to forget things during the course of a personal injury claim.
- Get contact information from any eyewitnesses if you can. Remember who was there if you cannot retrieve their names and phone numbers so we can do that for you later.
- Contact a slip-and-fall attorney in Jefferson City, MO. We will help you determine if you have a case and what it might be worth. You deserve compensation for your injuries when someone else is to blame, and we will make sure that happens.
Request a Free Consultation
We care about you and want to ensure that you overcome the accident. This often means holding the responsible parties accountable for their negligence and getting you a financial compensation award.
When you work with Steelman Gaunt Crowley, you’ll get the personal attention you deserve from an experienced legal team. Your slip-and-fall attorney in Jefferson City, MO, will gather evidence and fight for you. Whether you need liability and medical experts to prove your case or require someone to prove you were injured, we’re here to assist.
Our team will use the resources available to fight for you. It’s time to request your free consultation today. Use the online contact form or call (573) 341.8336 today! You shouldn’t have to go through a personal injury claim alone.