Motorcycle Accident Attorney Missouri
Motorcycle Accident Attorney Missouri
Have you or someone you love been involved in a motorcycle accident in Missouri?
We understand the gravity of such incidents and the impact they can have on your life. Motorcycle accidents can result in anything from property damage to catastrophic injuries.
Steelman Gaunt Crowley is committed to fighting for the rights of motorcycle accident victims, ensuring they receive the compensation they rightfully deserve.
Why Choose Steelman Gaunt Crowley?
Over 50 Years of Legal Experience: Founded in 1993 by David L. Steelman and Stephen F. Gaunt, our firm is backed by more than half a century of combined legal expertise. We’ve got you covered, from St. Louis motorcycle accidents to cases in Kansas City and beyond.
A Legacy of Success: Our attorneys have successfully litigated against the largest firms in Missouri, with a track record that includes numerous settlements or verdicts exceeding $2 million.
Local Commitment: We’re not just your attorneys; we’re your neighbors. Our involvement in local charities, church boards, and school boards underlines our dedication to the community we call home.
Accolades that Speak for Themselves: Recognition from the Martindale-Hubbell law directory and inclusion in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™ showcases our relentless pursuit of legal excellence.
Understanding Motorcycle Accidents in Missouri
Motorcycle riders are at an increased risk for injuries compared to car drivers. Here are some common causes and resulting injuries:
- Common Causes: Negligent drivers, defective products, and dangerous road conditions can lead to motorcycle accidents.
- Potential Injuries: From traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord damage to severe burns and fractures – the aftermath of a motorcycle crash can be devastating.
The Risks Motorcycle Riders Face in Missouri:
Every motorcycle rider knows the thrill of the open road but also understands the inherent risks.
Missouri motorcycle accident cases frequently highlight challenges like rain, potholes, or road debris, which can escalate into catastrophic situations.
Such instances may lead to severe injuries or even wrongful death. It’s imperative for motorcyclists and other drivers to recognize these challenges and drive responsibly to reduce motorcycle accidents in the state.
Missouri’s Motorcycle Laws & Common Causes of Accidents
Missouri law has specific regulations designed to protect motorcycle riders, ranging from helmet mandates to right-of-way rules. However, violations of these regulations, often by negligent drivers, play a significant role in motorcycle accident cases.
Our dedicated motorcycle accident attorney in Missouri is adept at identifying and leveraging these legal breaches to uphold our client’s rights.
Economic & Non-Economic Damages After a Motorcycle Crash
Post a motorcycle crash, victims face mounting medical bills and potential property damage.
Beyond these evident economic losses, there are non-economic damages to consider. Emotional trauma, pain, suffering, and even potential brain injury or spinal cord injury can be repercussions of severe accidents.
Steelman Gaunt Crowley is committed to ensuring your motorcycle accident claim encompasses both these facets, driving towards fair compensation for every accident victim.
Navigating Insurance Companies
Engaging with insurance companies can become a harrowing experience after any motorcycle accident. These entities often deploy tactics to minimize payouts, jeopardizing your chance at total compensation.
Understanding the nuances of negotiating with insurers is pivotal, whether it’s a motorcycle accident injury or a broader personal injury claim. Our team, including our renowned Missouri motorcycle accident lawyer, is well-equipped to guide you through this intricate process.
Preventive Measures and Safety Protocols
Riding a motorcycle offers unparalleled freedom on the open road. The wind in your face, the agility to maneuver through tight spaces, and the sheer exhilaration of speed are incomparable.
However, this thrill also comes with inherent risks. Every year, several motorcycle riders become victims of accidents, some of which are preventable with adequate knowledge and precaution.
This is why understanding and implementing preventive measures and safety protocols is non-negotiable for every motorcyclist.
1. Understand and Respect Missouri’s Motorcycle Laws:
Before even hopping onto a motorcycle, every rider should familiarize themselves with Missouri law on motorcycling. These laws aren’t just regulatory hoops but are designed with a rider’s safety in mind.
- Helmet Mandate– A helmet isn’t just a legal obligation in many states but a life-saving tool. Helmets dramatically reduce the risk of traumatic brain injuries in the event of a crash.
- Right-of-Way Rules– These guidelines help motorcycle riders understand when they have the right to proceed and can prevent potential clashes with other vehicles.
2. Invest in Quality Safety Gear:
Beyond the legally mandated helmet, there’s other safety gear that every motorcyclist should invest in.
- Jackets and Pants– Abrasion-resistant materials can prevent road rash and severe skin injuries.
- Gloves– These protect the hands, which are often the first to impact in a fall.
- Boots– A sturdy pair can prevent ankle and foot injuries during a mishap.
3. Stay Alert to Common Causes of Accidents:
Awareness is a crucial tool in a rider’s safety arsenal. Knowing the common causes of motorcycle accidents can enable riders to anticipate and avoid potential hazards.
- Blind Spots– Always be aware of the blind spots of larger vehicles and avoid lingering in them.
- Road Conditions– Potholes, wet surfaces, or road debris can pose significant risks. Always scan the road ahead and adjust your speed accordingly.
4. Defensive Riding Techniques:
Anticipate potential issues by practicing defensive riding.
- Distance– Maintain a safe following distance to give yourself ample reaction time.
- Visibility– Ensure you’re seen by using your lights, even during the day, and wear reflective gear during night rides.
5. Regular Motorcycle Maintenance:
A well-maintained motorcycle is less likely to malfunction.
- Brakes– Regularly check brake pads and fluids.
- Tires– Monitor tire pressure and tread depth. A blowout at high speeds can be catastrophic.
- Lights and Indicators– Ensure all lights, including brake lights and indicators, function correctly.
6. Know the Role of Defective Products:
Sometimes, accidents are caused by no fault of the rider but due to defective products. Awareness of recalls or common issues with your motorcycle brand can be lifesaving. Regularly review manufacturer notices and stay updated on potential product liabilities.
At Steelman Gaunt Crowley, we believe that prevention is as crucial as representation. Our goal is to ensure every motorcyclist is well-represented in the courtroom and well-informed on the road.
Your safety is our priority, and through continuous education and awareness, we aim to reduce the number of preventable motorcycle accidents in Missouri.
Navigating the Aftermath
If you’re a motorcycle accident victim, you might face medical bills, property damage, or even lost wages due to your injury. Our firm specializes in:
- Personal Injury Claims: We’ll help you navigate the complexities of Missouri law, ensuring you get fair compensation.
- Insurance Law: Insurance companies might be quick to offer a settlement. We’ll ensure they’re held accountable, fighting for what you truly deserve.
At Steelman Gaunt Crowley, our expertise spans a wide range of practice areas, including but not limited to:
- Workers Comp
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- Complex Litigation
- Condemnation & Eminent Domain
- Insurance Law and Bad Faith
- Accident Injury
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
You’re not just another case number to us. Every client is treated with the utmost respect and individualized attention.
Secure the best chance for a positive outcome by partnering with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer from Steelman Gaunt Crowley.
Call Us: (573) 341.8336